Saturday, April 10, 2010

Blog reflection

I think the class blog was a fantastic idea, and I probably could have done a better job taking advantage of it. My favorite posts were the stand-alone posts where a lot of latitude was given--such as the song analysis, or the ethics of writing post. The organizational posts for the issues paper were easy enough to do, but not as interesting. If you have to do assignments like that, though, the blog was a good way to do it.

I didn't feel any different writing in a group setting--I always assume at least someone is going to read what I write--but it may have encouraged me to be more concise. I don't see any real disadvantages to blog assignments for a class like this. Some assignments felt like busy work, but that's inevitable I think, and has more to do with the subjective curriculum of an English class than with blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment