Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The End.

Using a blog this semester was an interesting experience for me. At first I really hated the fact that everyone else was reading what I wrote. After a few posts though, I got used to the fact that my peers were going to read my writing. This is definitely a positive aspect of using blogs in English classrooms, it forces students to read the work of their peers and to be comfortable with their peers reading what they have written. But even with these positive benefits, my overall feeling about the blog was ehhhh...okay. Since blogging for class is such a new concept for me, I would often forget that I had an assignment due and then end up rushing to write something down. Writing my actual posts was not enjoyable for me, but I did enjoy reading what others had written. Basically, I don't enjoy writing in any form, whether it be blogging or on paper. In some cases, I think I would have preferred to just do traditional writing assignments, but blogging required my classmates to give feedback on my writing which was beneficial in the end.

2 comments:

  1. Blogging really did help me to be more comfortable with peer review as well. Doing many of the assignments got our ideas out there and helped us to see strong and weak points in our work which I think helped us all. I think the ability to get feedback so quickly is one of the greatest strengths of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Aaron. I hadn't thought about how beneficial the almost immediate feedback is when writing.

    ReplyDelete