Monday, April 5, 2010

for the record, I am listening to the climb. right now. coincidence.

What has been your overall experience with the blog?
My first time having a class blog and I LIKED it!
What have been your favorite blogs posts?
Talking about our favorite things (start for our issues paper ideas), and talking about a good book we've read lately. I also like the post analyzing pictures. The main reasons I liked these kind of posts was because they were fun and creative, and entertaining to read each others. OH and I like the sentence style blog.
What have been your least favorite blogs posts?
Completely honest, I kind of don't like finding an article or website and writing about all of the rhetorical tools they used. Like finding an argumentative website. I think those are more fun and effective to do with the whole class where you can have discussion.
Have certain types of posts really helped you with your writing?
Uh... I guess the ones I didn't like the most helped me.. the most. Oh embarrassing. To be specific, the website one, the "power of the word" one, and "evaluating sources."
Has the discussion through blog comments helped your learning?
Yeah I think so. Kind of. It's nice to read somene else's comment and analyze what they are saying. Brings new perspective.
Do you feel like you’ve participated in true discourse with your peers?
Yes? It was an entertaining activity to comment each others' blog posts. And now we're all friends :)
To you, what are the advantages and disadvantages of a blog over traditional assignments of the same size?
Advantages of the blog: convenient assignments. Students don't mind so much to write a quick paragraph or two in front of their computer at home as compared to writing up a hard-copy. Plus they've been easily accessible to look over and to comment on other peoples'. Is that right grammer? or spelling? whatever, you get what I'm sayin'.
Disadvantages... Can't think of any right now.
Does the fact that all of your peers are going to read what you write change how/what you write?
Well, automatically I say no, but really, probably. But I don't know why..

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you Lydia. I hated having to find websites but I loved talking about the more personable things about my life. I dont know, maybe it is becuase blogs just feel like a public journal and less about it being an "assignment"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it was a pain finding websites and articles to analyze but i did like the running by paper topics and ideas past my peers for their help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, I completely agree. Sometimes just posting my ideas (and not necessarily have someone comment on them) helped me to think about my ideas more. I dont know why but it did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Chelsea, it's much more fun to write about yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually liked the comments from others on my ideas... I found them humorous or helpful! and yes is a ton more fun to write about yourself... except for when you have to write good qualities you have for a application... I always feel weird then..

    ReplyDelete