Monday, March 15, 2010

Detailed Outline

Thesis:

Excessive playing of online gaming or MMORPGs (massive multiplayer online role playing games) deteriorates family and social relationships because MMORPGS and online gaming can lead to an addiction.


Introduction:

1. Present topic
2. Brief background
3. Present both sides of the issue
4. Thesis statement


I. Internet has an addictive nature.

1. People often go to virtual realities to escape reality.
2. Internet is open 24/7 as long as there is internet connection.
3. Because of the openess and constant availability of the internet, peopel can play for any extened period of time.


II. Internet gaming as an addiction.

1. Has the same symtoms as susbtance abuse.
2. Give examples of study reports proving symtoms.
3. Only excessive amount of playing will lead to addiction.
4. Give examples from studies that prove correlation between amount of time played and number of those who become addicted.


III. Internet gaming addictions and connections to other addictions

1. Those who become addicted are probably already addicted to another substance
2. Those who become addicted are already susceptible to becoming addicted.
3. Some people develop other addictions in addition to internet gaming addictions.
4. Give data to support claims.


Addictions Destroy Relationships
1. Any addiction can destroy relationships so therefore internet gaming can do so as well.
2. Addicts will care more about their addcition then about their relationships.
3. So much time is spent playing internet gaming that there is very little time to develop and maintain relationships.
4. As a result relationships will fall apart.


Conclusion:
1. Summarize main points and pull everything back together.
2. Restatement of thesis.

2 comments:

  1. So pretty much I think this is going to be the only way I can really present my paper. Just state the thesis and give reasons and points to back it up; use the traditional style of an essay. I might be able to pull off a point-last outline but it wouldnt be so great. I just need to add some more detailed points and research examples then I think I will good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so the more that I look at this and the more that I write this, it looks more like a point-last paper. I think that is probably the type of paper I am going to have to use.

    ReplyDelete