Monday, March 1, 2010

World of Warcraft... crack in CD-ROM form

Bad Site (but funny): http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=world+of+warcraft
Good Site: http://www.thelocal.se/17840/20090226/

Well the good site on World of Warcraft is credible because its comes from a official news site from Europe and as I searched their site I was able to find that it has been updated and the copy write was resent which is what the Library tutorial told me to do. But as for the bad site, Urban Dictionary, although very funny (warning some definitions are sometimes crude, so avoid those) this is a very unreliable source because it anyone can post what they think about the topic. Its like Wikipedia on its WORST day.

5 comments:

  1. while urbandictionary is not a good source it will still make a good pop culture application because it is has testimonials. it shows that people are actually as addicted as thelocal.se says. of course the goal of urbandictionary is not to give you credible source for the degradation of WoW but give you a definition. so to compare them directly may be a little unfair. they have different purposes.

    my favorite is this. "You know your a heavy World of Warcraft player when WoW starts interferring with your life. You know your a WoW addict when your life starts interferring with your WoW."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm....I've heard tale of urbandictionary. I like how you decided that one site was credible because the library video said it was. Way to pay attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well reading all the different definitions for it made it interesting, but definately not credible. But I think it helps, or gives you more insight on what a lot of people think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha Troy after reading your comment I was like, "what in the world is WoW?". World of Warcraft... I know, I'm a genius right :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah, I guess the question is, "a good source for what?" A good source for a scholarly paper? Probably not. A good source for learning about revolting sexual practices? Assuredly.

    ReplyDelete