Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Its snowing :(.....

The website I found was arguing the issue of gun control. Their mission is to basically fight against the movement of putting a tighter hold on gun control. They believe it is a violation of the second amendment and are voicing their opinion. I found their website to be very well put together and user friendly. Which is a huge plus in my book, because if I click on a web site and get lost just trying to figure out how to use it, I find myself quickly using the previous page button on my browser and going back to google. I actually did this for a while when doing this blog post assignment till I found this one. Something that I actually really enjoyed on this website was something that I usually don't, the advertisements on the right hand side of the page. Because they were relevant to the pages context and also I found them to be entertaining I kept reading on. One other thing they did really well was on their opening page, it was just a list of current events on police reports of gun owners using them "for the right cause". I found these to be very interesting and it kept me interested.
Now although I found the website I found to be more professional and more informational. I must admit that I much more enjoyed looking at the students web pages. I loved the texting one and all the new media they uses to keep you reading on. Well I'll be honest some of the media was more entertaining than relevant in some cases, but it kept me there and interested none the less.

4 comments:

  1. I really like your analysis Ty! Even this was interesting to read...good point about how websites can easily make you lose interest if not put together well. I also like your point about the advertisements...I hadn't thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I Courtney I am trying to decide if you are making fun of me or being serious haha but thanks regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I like that you commented on the advertisements. It actually proves a point I made in my research paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. really what was in your research paper? Im interested...

    ReplyDelete