Wednesday, March 31, 2010

In my defense I pulled my second all nighter this week so I forgot.... Oops

The problem with a lot of websites it the frist appearence. If the first appearance is good then the internet surfer will stay on your website and read what you got to say. If your appearance is lacking then all the shallow people in the world will move on to the next big and great thing that hte internet has to offer. In the students websites what I really like was the one that had the youtube video before you entered the actual website. It got you interested and helped you to immediately understand what issue they are/were addressing. Sometimes videos and images can work really well and can compliment your arguement, but when used too much or at the wrong places it can ruin it all. There was one student web site on their home page had a whole bunch of images, and that just ruined it for me. It looked messy and out of place.

For the web site I chose a wikipedia page. Almost every Wikipedia webpage is trying to teach your or coninvce you about something. In this one it is about social networking. The layout of Wikipedia has obviously been successful because it is still being used with little complaints. It is clean and un cluttered and organized. These things are what can make or break a webpage.

So fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment