Thursday, March 4, 2010

ETHICS... oh boy (Revisted)

As you guys might have noticed, Ty and I have the same post. He was the one that actually wrote it I just copied it and changed my time stamp. I am trying to make a point.

So much of what we consider plagiarism has to do with Karios of writing, who was first. Even if the second person got the same idea by his/her own means as the first they are considered having plagiarized. It is no longer his “idea.” It’s not so much being original as being the first original. You may have believed that Ty copied me on the soul basis that mine was published before his when in fact it was the other way around. And who is to say that I did not have the same idea as Ty but he just beat me to the punch. My idea would no longer be “original” even though I thought of it independently.

No comments:

Post a Comment