Friday, March 19, 2010

Introducing...

The Role of Documentaris in the Changing History Classroom

Memorizing imporant dates, reciting the Preamble to the Constitution and copying facts off of teh blackboard; each of these activities have been used by history teachers to convey the most important facts of history. These methods have been tested and proven to be effective, yet with our changing technological world, the way in which we teach must also change. By incorporating specific mediums of technology into the classroom, namely documentaries made by professionals and students, history teachers can more effectively teach their students the required material and create interest in a potentially boring subject. Professional documentaries allow students to explore biases and viewpoints in history and student-created documentaries allow students to research and compile their findings in a meaningful way.

2 comments:

  1. I think you have a great topic. I am just wondering if you are going to solely focus on documentaries or if you are going to discuss other mediums that can be used in historical teaching? Besides that and the minor ("teh") spelling error in the first sentence this sounds pretty good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I'm just going to stick with documentaries. I was going to go a little more broad and talk about some other mediums, but I found so much on just this topic that I decided to just do this. Oh, and besides misspelling the...I also misspelled documentaries in the title...oops. Thanks spellcheck!

    ReplyDelete