Monday, March 1, 2010

Foreman give Cameron her credit please...

I would have to say that writing and research ethics are similar if you are doing a research paper. You should have respect for the people who gave you the research you needed for your paper and credit them. You wouldn't want someone else to steal your ideas and call them their own. So you shouldn't do it to them. On an episode of House M.D., Foreman stole Cameron's ideas and used it to write his own article. She was very ticked. It was unprofessional. You should also credit those who gave you the ideas or background research. If he was going to use her ideas, he could have at least accredited her. The responsibility to the readers is to be as knowledgeable on the subject as possible. As well as make the reading enjoyable, not writing a stiff boring piece. It would lack interest and no one will read it. Avoiding plagiarism is extremely important because you could be sued or kicked out of BYU.

3 comments:

  1. I love that you related this post to House. And I really love "Avoiding plagiarism is extremely important because you could be sued or kicked out of BYU".
    haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lydia, I love that sentence and the consequences you've sad will happen if you plagiarize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I tried to make it relatable and House is my favorite show.

    ReplyDelete