Friday, January 8, 2010

Issues as a Dorm Building

Issues as a dorm Building
Bed times: Everyone has different sleeping habits and you need to know when others are sleeping so you don’t wake them. Also you don’t want to be interrupted by your roommates either.
Cleaning: Everyone has a different definition of clean and we need to work through that to where all are comfortable.
Noise: Different people think of different volumes to be loud or not. Being respectful of other people and if they are trying to work or not is important
Different Schedules: Understanding that others may be coming and going more than you are, or at different times and be respectful of that.

4 comments:

  1. I live in an apartment but I understand what you mean about the bed times, very difficult indeed. but another problem that my apartment has is the heater. one roommate is super cold at night and the other is super warm and I am somewhere in between. so there is always a constant battle over the temperatur. No beuno. Nicht gut. No good

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in a dorm as well, and it is tough sometimes! I'm conscious that everyone has different tolerance levels for different things, and I never really know whether mundane actions will trigger some kind of hidden vibe in people. It feels irrational sometimes, but I know that people will go quietly crazy over tiny things, myself included.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean by the debates over temperatures. I'll come in freezing and turn the heat up and then later my roommate will complain that it is too hot. It's hard to please everyone. Our biggest debate is over emptying out the trash. What is the biggest debate between you and your roommate?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My biggest difficulty is the whole temperature thing. Thankfully our schedules work out well enough that no one really wakes anyone else up when waking up or going to bed. And for some reason we never have a hard time keeping our apartment clean. When one of us sees something dirty we just kind of clean it up on our own. I tend to take out the trash, another tends to wash the dishes and another tends to take care of anything else. It is really nice that we just take responsibility for out stuff and the apartment.

    ReplyDelete