Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Spindle's End

So my favorite book may sound somewhat cheezy, considering that it is a fairy tale. It's called Spindle's End by Robin McKinley, and it has been my favorite since the seventh grade. This book is a retelling of the Sleeping Beauty story, execpt with the whole story. The book goes through and tells the rest of "Rosie's" life and actually brings her to be a person. In the end she has a head on her shoulders and doesn't just follow the prince away blindly. It's still sweet and fun to read, however, it just lets you into her life to be able to become part of the story. I don't actually have the book with me to get quotes from, but the descriptions in the book are amazing. The author does such a good job at describing everything without going into overkill. Its the kind of book I like to read on a warm vacation when I'm being lazy. Just one of the feel good ones!

1 comment:

  1. Robyn, about how long is Spindle's End? This sounds like the type of book I would love. Have you ever read Ella Enchanted? It is to me what Spindle's End is to you, so cute. It's nothing like the movie--it's a million times better (the book is, I mean, haha). If you have your copy of Spindle's End we should do a book swap and you could read Ella Enchanted.

    ReplyDelete