Friday, January 8, 2010

My Taylor Hall Community

The community I chose was my hall community. At the hall meeting we had some issues come up that were debated upon. One was about singing in the shower, the girl argued that it was your own personal time and that one shouldn’t have to put up with someone else’s singing. The next issue was singing while going to the bathroom, a couple girls felt it was very awkward for one to do that when other people are there also. Another issue was about how girls would come into the hall late at night yelling and talking loudly, and that was not fair for those girls trying to sleep. The last issue was how girls need to get their hair off of the shower walls, which most girls where disgusted by. These were just the main issues brought up at my hall meeting.

7 comments:

  1. Chelsie, you live in dorms right? I've never lived in the dorms, but these debates sound hilarious. Don't get me wrong, I'm not disregarding them, they are important. No way is it okay to have someone else's hair in the shower. But singing in the shower? Who cares?
    I'd love to hear your opinion on these issues. Which ones matter most?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully I live in an apartment so I never had to deal with that. But yeah singing while going to the bathroom??? Really??? That is a bit too much. People should be respectful of eachother. We are not at home any more people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The crazy thing (particularly in a men's apartment) is when you find hair stuck like six feet up the shower wall, and your roommate is only 5'7", tops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lydia, yes I live in the dorms... its been an experience. When the singing in the shower was brought up in the hall meeting I had a hard time not laughing out loud about it, because I had to think of all the times I might have sung in the shower or just hummed in the shower with out thinking about it. Then she said it was someone's personal time, and then I laughed. I say if you are comfortable enough to sing to others then go for it! Even for singing while going to the bathroom, yes I agree that its just a little awkward but if they are ok with it then don't make it awkward. For the issue ofyelling down the hall late at night, I am one of those girls who go to bed a little earlier than others so I feel they should have a little more respect for others. The issue of the hair on the showers, well that is so disgusting and others should not have to deal with it! So those are my opions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chelsea, so like I said in my last comment I agree that singing while going to the bathroom is a little too much. Now I would and could never do that! But I feel that if they feel comfortable with that, then I shouldn't let it bother me. It just makes me wish that I was that conmfortable with my own voice!

    ReplyDelete