Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Patriot Games

Well haha its been about 3 years sense I have picked up a book to read other than the scriptures... So its been a while, but a book that really stood out to me in my mind of really good writing is "Patriot Games" by Tom Clancy. Personally anything written by Tom Clancy is amazing writing to me! In his Novel of Patriot Games, he has a amazing way of making you feel like you are right there and that you are apart of the story. I had a really hard time putting this book down because I found myself feeling some of the same emotions the main character, Jack Ryan was feeling. It may sound weird but I was desperately wanting his family to be safe! and all I wanted was for Sean Miller, the Vengeful Irish terrorist to be put away and stopped! Some of the Styles he uses well are being concise yet with great clarity and detail. He also was great at voice, hence why I felt a closeness to Jack Ryan, and a hatred for Sean Miller. Over all a GREAT book and excellent style.

"Excuse me, Jack, tell me one thing in life that is absolutely for certain... (his response).... My daughter's love."

2 comments:

  1. Wow, three whole years? Ty, take a break from school for a second and enjoy a book just for fun! If reading is usually just not your favorite thing to do, I recommend a book like the one you described, one you just can't put down. Read Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation! and haha yeah reading is not my favorite thing to do unless its a book I cant put down... if i can put it down. I do not enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete