Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Obamas Health care plan

An issue I wish to address is that of Obamas Health care plan, which is a issue that seems to be very debatable and one I feel strongly about. My stand is on the side of opposition to his plan. I feel that the more we move to socialized anything the more "less american" we become. There is a reason we have such great quality of health care in america compared to the rest of the world, there is a reason doctors are willing to go through 12+ years of schooling, going into massive debt and working and studying harder that most other professions. There is a reason they want to be the best at what they do, and thats competition. If we were to socialize our health care we would have health care much like Canada and Australia, and where do the citizens of Canada come when they need Quality health care. When a kid needs a serious surgery... the USA! Because the doctors have to be good in order to do well in there profession. If there not, no one will go to them.
Also there comes the issue of paying for this Health care plan. The claim is made by Obama that taxes will not be raised. But he never explains how that is to be. What will happen is hard working people will have a raise to there taxes sometimes paying for the health care of people who don't even work (by choice) and spend there money on things that end up getting them in the hospital; Drugs, Alcohol, etc.
My audience I will be addressing will mainly be the whole american people, specifically those who can vote and are supporters of Obamas health care plan. And also those who are in positions of political attention and persuasion. My relation to them is that I'm just a american citizen like them. Genres I might use to reach them is YouTube clips showing the quality of health care of Canada and other socialized health care countries compared to that of Americas, also Articles in Magazines and news papers. Also use the addiction of America... Facebook.

2 comments:

  1. I think that this is a great issue to focus on. One thing that I think could help you is to make sure that your argument is supported by factual information. I'm not saying that you won't but so often I hear arguments made about the health care plan that are based of false or misleading information. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup for sure! haha sadly I just got off my mission so I have been out of the political area for a while. so haha I actually am a little out dated on my facts... which is why when I write the paper I will be doing some research. Thanks for the advice though

    ReplyDelete