Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Research questions

1.How is new media affecting the physical activity of children (and adults)? I think all the different things an the internet like games. youtube, facebook and such are effecting our physical activity. With the wii and x-box children are spending more time playing with that instead of playing outside or doing other active things. With all the different comercials for the television, the children are always seeing the new games comming out, or Mcdonald's happy meals, or junk food, which all affects the physical activity of children. As you gain more weight you do less active stuff.
2.Does new media help elementary children learn better? As I have been helping in the elementry I havce noticed that they use computer games to do reading practices. I wonder if they are really learning better, or is it the same or worse.
3.Something about orphanages in third world countrie. See if by using new media it will help spred the word. If it would help people know what condition they are in and be able to help more, or know how to help more.

2 comments:

  1. I think that all of these would be really interesting to read about and learn the research on. On number three I think that it might be interesting to see how much effect new media is having on the help these children receive already. I bet there are websites of organizations trying to help. Also I know that I have seen commercials for malnourished children you can sponsor. I wonder how effective these things are already. Just a thought. Or how they could better use new media to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is a good idea. Yeah I haven't seen much on new media with orphans and stuff. All I know is an organization that has a website and sends emails out. But I'm sure your right and there are a lot of things, I just need to find them.

    ReplyDelete