Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Haiti



This is a picture from a news clip from CNN about the looting happening in Haiti. This photo is a very powerful one because of its simplicity. The photo has two hand prints made out of blood. These imprints of red are a stark contrast to the metal and wood--two very inhuman substances touching the core of what composes humans. Not only is it powerful, it's persuasive. It makes the audience, the people watching the news or those who are informed of the problems in Haiti, want to know who left the blood covered hand print, or what caused such a thing to happen.

This image is terribly pathetic. It makes me want to weep every time I see it because it reminds me of the newscast that it's from.

6 comments:

  1. That really is a chilling, haunting image. I think it reminds the viewer (in a graphic way) that the damage was not only to the landscape and structure of Haiti; it was also to the Haitians. Great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this and my blood literally went cold (or that was what it felt like). Seeing this immediately puts you in a soelmn mood. I can't help but wonder what happened to this person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... Braden, you know how you said that when someone looks at this picture on the CNN website it causes curiousity, making someone want to look into the matter and read the article? Well, I see this picture and think "I don't want to know what happened to this poor person." I know, not a good attitude, but I find the opposition bizarre.

    ReplyDelete
  4. maybe i should have posted the link to the video?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something so simple like that picture has so much meaning and emotion towards it. It definately makes you think more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... what a picture! I really does make you think more about the tragedy! Aaron I think your exactly right... it reminds you that the damage wasn't only to the landscape and structure... but the Haitians.

    ReplyDelete