Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Exercise or Death



I absolutely love this cartoon! Whenever I think about running and look at this cartoon and it make me think of the need I that I do need to run.....now if I do go running can still depend. But I think the cartoon makes you think just a little more. Just having that picture wont do much and just having the words wont add as much meaning as with the two combined. But having the picture with the words definately makes me think more about exercising! It is intended for an audience who doesn't work out. They are using humor to make a point, trying to make something that is not always enjoyable seem alot better than the other option, of death. The article is found at notgoingout.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. I hate cartoons like this! They always make me feel bad for being so lazy. I know it's only a cartoon and it's made to make us laugh, but unfortunately it also makes me think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I see this comic, instead of instilling a need to run in my heart, it instills a deep fear of doctors in my bones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm. That last comment was all wrong.

    When I see this comic, instead of instilling in my heart a need to run, it instills in my bones a deep fear of doctors.

    Don't worry, I speak English.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaron: Just laugh! If you laugh hard enough for long enough, that totally counts as exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lydia, the doctor doesn't look to scary :) but I think it is funny how the doctor is telling his patient to exercise when the doctore looks the exact same way as his patient.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenni, I love that idea. Maybe the whole point of this cartoon was to laugh and get an ab workout. But Aaron, like you said it makes you think about it. So the point of the cartoon is working, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete