Friday, February 12, 2010

To Any of Us Who have Messed Up a Cake...

My personal favorite website was the Cake Wrecks blog. The first reason for this being that when I was about 12 years old, my sister and I spent one whole summer trying to learn how to decorate a cake. Many of the pictures on the site bring back memories of that time. I also love how the blog is formatted. You are able to just look at the pictures and still be entertained by them, but it you have more time and actually read the authors comments, you will laugh. Its nice also that there are so many different categories of "cake wrecks" to look through. This also keeps you from being bored with the site.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like an interesting website. I was going to ask if the website shows the wrecked cakes and then offers advice on how to not follow suit. Then I looked at it and got a good chuckle. Have fun with the assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a cake from scratch one time that look like a pile of mud with green and pink and orange snot drizzled on it....and it tasted the way it looked. I never gave it to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Amanda was looking at this site, I got a glimpse of one of the cakes and just couldn't stop looking at them...it kind of gets you hooked because you just want to continue seeing these wrecked up cakes!

    ReplyDelete