Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Picante sauce


Don't get the idea that i have anything against babies. I just always get a kick out of this.
This is photoshoped, of course, and the humor is derived from the fact that it is in such contrast to the normal gerber baby foods. On all the other can they have a little smiling baby that is happy. Here, as you can see, the baby is on verge of tears. But the really cool thing is that the aside from the baby, the rest of the image looks nice. its got good light and the picante pepers look asthsetically pleasing.

I can't really imagine gerber actually making anything like this. Which is half the reason it is so funny.

6 comments:

  1. HAHA, that is exactly the face I picture a baby making after eating picante sauce. I think this is a kind of statement about Gerber baby food. I mean the company seems to blend any food type in a blender and call it baby food. They take out all harmful ingredients and fortify it so it really is good for a baby, but still. I look at the labels and I think, "prunes, ew...who would eat that; sweet potatoes, yuck; vegetable turkey...oh gross. ." These are not appealing flavers, next come the picante sauce...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny! And Mikhaela you make a good point about Gerber baby food. I mean what adult easts prunes, sweet potatoes and vegetable turkey, why should our kids? ;) What's next after Picante Sauce... anchovies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they should actually take pictures of babies eating the food and put it on the jars. My niece was eating some kind of baby food (wonderful pureed mess) and turned up her face in disgust. Being the curious person that I am, I just had to follow. I had the exact same reaction.

    It would make it a whole lot easier (and more humorous) if they would put actual baby reactions on the jars so you know if it's good or bad tasting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, Aaron! I completely agree, hilarious.
    Amanda? I eat sweet potatoes...
    Question, has anyone eaten anchovies? I never have, how gross are they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you seen Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs? The answer is yes. Yes they are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that show! They are about as tasty as the movie implies. But here is some food for thought. Has anyone ever actually seen a pizza with anchovies? People always talk about it but I never even seen one. It's like the cultural phenomenon that never happened.

    ReplyDelete