Wednesday, February 24, 2010

New Media Issues

1.) Historical movies-Movies that portray historical events (such as "Glory") have actually had a positive effect on the learning of history rather than create a historically inept society.

2.) Internet gaming addiction-Yes, I know that I am kind of stealing this a bit from Chelsea but this is something that interests me too. I think it would be interesting to look into gaming addiction (to games such as World of Warcraft, Everquest, etc.) and research how the development of MMORPG's (Massively muiltiplayer online role-playing game) has impacted society. I don’t really know how to describe the new media connection though other than they are online games. (So literally as I was writing this Ty posted his as well, just in case anybody was wondering)

3.) Blogging-This would be focused around how blogging has either helped or hurt communication or writing. I could focus on political or personal blogs.

1 comment:

  1. I think #1 would be an interesting research topic. I would think that as long as the historical movies are accurate, they would almost do more to teach about history than other teaching methods.

    ReplyDelete