Friday, February 12, 2010

iPad

For my rhetorical analysis I decided to focus on the Apple iPad, specifically the iPad website. This is a new media text because it departs from a traditional advertisement as it includes videos, pictures (including the constantly changing images on the iPad), and text to try and convince the viewer to buy the product. The look of the website, and the iPad itself, are the similar to the other Apple products so it builds familiarity with those who already have Apple products. The website’s layout is pleasing to the eye so it draws the viewer in (it did at least for me).

Right from the start, you view the website you are hit with rotating images of what the iPad can do in an attempt to build a positive response from the viewer. Even the price that they advertise on the main page tries to build that response. I find it interesting that two of the last pages they have are the specs and then the pricing, as if trying to have people avoid it.

All in all, I think this is an interesting website and I’m looking forward to analyzing it.

1 comment:

  1. this was going to be my second choice. i would love to analyze this. specifically how they are trying to create a new type of product.

    ReplyDelete