Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Research Questions

1. Teaching history using new media. Because I'm a history teaching major, I would like to see how new media can be incorporated into the classroom to enhance learning. Practical? Yes. Instersting? Uh....debatable.

2. How social networking has changed our interactions and relationships. I'm not sure how much research has been done on this topic but think about how much something like facebook has changed "normal" relationships. You're not friends until you're facebook friends, you're not officially in a relationship unless it's facebook official, once you become friends with someone you MUST creep through all their pictures, and how many times have you had to pretend not to know something that you already did because you facebook stalked them? I could see this being really interesting.

3. How texting has changed communication. How many times have we avoided awkward situations by texting instead of calling or even better, pretended to text so we don't have to talk to the weird-o next to us. Also, has texting negatively impacted grammar and speech? Another potentially interesting topic.

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of history and new media, I think it'd be a good idea. One of my first forays into history was through a boxed video documentary set of Lewis and Clark's expedition that my dad bought.I was about four or five years old, and was hooked! I think that experience helped to shape my ensuing interest in history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's interesting that you remember what your first exposure to history was. If a video had that much of an impact on you, maybe I should take another look at new media and history.

    ReplyDelete