Thursday, February 11, 2010

Shannon Hale

I am so excited to analyze Shannon Hale's blog. In fact, I think I already know exactly which blog post I want to analyze for the paper. She is in my top five for favorite authors, and it is because she is excellent at incorporating New Media! Just looking at her blog tonight, I ended reading several blog posts. I was enjoying myself so much I couldn't stop! She is talented in using rhetorical tools. Here are some reasons why:
1) She keeps her blog current. She will often write about global current events in the world, sharing her opinions and creating discussions.
2) She uses humor. I found my self caught up in reading a really long post about a refrigerator curse. It used irony, overstatement, and it was funny (pardon my non-parallel writing style).
3) She involves her audience. Her most recent blog post included several trailer videos people had made on one of her books. She had created a poll for her blog-readers to vote on their favorite trailer video. This gave the audience incentive to spend more time on her website, learn more about her book, and feel connected. By the way, the book the trailers spotlighted is a graphic novel. I just thought I'd mention that, seeing as we talked in class about the influence of using images with text. I haven't read her book yet, but I'm going to!
These are not all of the techniques Shannon Hale includes to make her blog worth reading. I love her writing, and her voice definitely shows in her blog.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read what you have to say about Shannon Hale! I love her and her works and I know you do too. Good analysis and your reasons are very insightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm super excited to write about Shannon Hale's blog. I also can't wait for the semester be over so that I can read her books The Actor and the Housewife, Calamity Jane, and Calamity Jack!

    ReplyDelete