Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Issues? Maybe we will see

First off I need to say something. This is weird. I procrastinated doing this post until the morning before class. This is definitly not normal Chelsea behaivor. Wow. I am scaring myself here.

Ok moving on to more important things:

1) Interent Addictions: More and more I have been hearing about people who are basically living on their computer, living in virtual reality. People are spending pointless hours on a pointless game or web site, but often they can't stop. Look at Facebook for example. You log on for only a couple minutes and next thign you know you just wasted 3 hours of your life. Or better yet there are those people who are cvhecking their Facebook constantly. Either way I think there would be a lot of examples and material out there to support this topic.

2) Interent and Body Image: So I had analyzed the Dove Campaign thingy and after doing that I am very much convinced that new media has greatly distorted people's perception of body image. Those boggers are always up in your face telling you that you need to lose some weight. Liars. I am perfectly content with the way my thighs are, thank you very much.
I think if I could, I would want to compare this topic to people with eating disorders and how this topic has afftected them.

3) Church and the Internet: Not sure how I could make this into a strong arguement yet, but it would be interesting to research how the Church is using new media to carry the gospel to all nations, kindreds, tongues and peoples.

7 comments:

  1. yeah Chelsea... that is a Ty behavior! what are you doing! lol But I think that your second Idea would be really interesting... maybe a little challenging to find information on it... but really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one is interesting because there is so much you could write about it. I think even looking into internet gaming addiction (yes, I went there) would be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ty: Very disapointing behaivor isn't it? I am slipping. Horrible, just horrible.

    Aaron: Yeah I thinking of either focusing on the gaming addictions or on the Facebook/Myspace issue. We will see which pulls up better material for me to use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think #2 is interesting too. Hmmm...no one would guess that we just did a paper on the exact same topic, eh? Anyways, it would be interesting to see if Dove's campaign actually made a difference or what could be done to make a change in our self-perception.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all sound interesting. But it would be cool to see if the church's new media is actually helping or if its "just there."

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you could do your third idea that could be really interesting. Especially how effective the church's new media is and what they could do to make it more effective and available to those seeking the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am pretty sure we have some similar ideas for this paper. I think these ideas have a lot of potential.

    ReplyDelete