Saturday, February 27, 2010

do these pants make my butt look big?

I chose to look at sites that might pertain to my research. I found one about a study on how negative comments on body image affects the mind and perspective. I think as background research this study can be useful, although it doesn't exactly give me the information I need on my issue. The site that I found that is not helpful was one about what usually comes up when I enter my topic into Google. It is about gay men and internet dating. It doesn't give the right information. It doesn't pertain to the relationship between the internet and body image.



good site: http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/abstract/118/2/731
bad site: http://www.allacademic.com/meta/p_mla_apa_research_citation/2/4/0/6/7/p240674_index.html

7 comments:

  1. The joys of finding sites that have almost nothing to do with your topic. There are definitely some interesting things on the internet

    ReplyDelete
  2. at first i thought you were just choosing a random title, but then i read your post and it made me laugh. and it's funny how google connects some of the most random things with what you type in the search bar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does anybody else think it is kind of disturbing that people are researching "Male Body Image and Gay Internet Fantasies as Sexual Politics in Professional Wrestling Today?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Chelsea, I have yet to find my magic search words to give me the topics I actually want, so yes very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Amanda, it was catchy huh? and a little random yes...

    ReplyDelete
  7. To Aaron, I was extremely disturbed. Ew, those are things I never care to learn about.

    ReplyDelete