Thursday, February 4, 2010

Leap Year

The movie review I chose to talk about is a little bit unique in that it starts out with giving a simple plot outline and then provides paragraph-size selections of movie reviews from several different magazines, newspapers, and famous movie-reviewer-people (isn't there a simple name for them? movie reviewers?). I loved the way this movie review was set up because it supplied about ten opinions and analyses (analysis? analysis'?) to overview. The first part, the summary, was helpful to those who had never seen it before and just wanted to know what it was about. The second sections was to help the reader decide whether or not to watch it in theatres. Since I have already seen the movie, to me it seems like the reviews would be helpful in informing readers whether or not the movie is worth watching. I know, most profound words I've ever written. But what I mean is that it is geared to help people with all different kinds of motives. For example, if I was a critical movie watcher and I felt like going to the theatres to watch a clever movie with a unique plot, these reviews would tell me Leap Year is not the movie to watch. At least according to some reviews. But other reviews said it was a charming movie with well-developed characters and plenty of comic relief--a good chick flick. Which would be the case for me watching it. Also, the movie review was helpful in providing easy access to the most popular opinions on the matter. Overall, with so many different opinions the reviews were tailored to several types of movie-watchers. I find it helpful. To get to this movie review click here.

P.S. For what it counts, I thought Leap Year was adorable!! Ten times more hilarious than When in Rome, which I do not recommend. I hope to own Leap Year one day.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, I agree. I wish I had known about that site earlier. It gives reviews from some pretty decent papers, who probably employ critics who know what they are talking about. Although I must say that as far as critics go, most critics hate themselves and everything else it seems too. I have a hard time deciding whether or not the critic actually cares or just wants to watch movie to burn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This analysis and your insight make we want to go and see the movie. I must agree with Mikhaela, it is nice to have someone analyze a movie and not rip it to shreds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup! It's true, I think movie critics think they're all that.

    ReplyDelete