Monday, February 1, 2010

Dreaming With a Broken Heart

Lately one song has been stuck in my head and it's John Mayer's, Dreaming With a Broken Heart. Not only cause it's an amazing song, but also because I recently got out of a relationship where I ended it with a guy who liked me more than I liked him. He's fine now, but his friends let it slip that he hadn't slept well or at all, for about four nights. So I think of him when I hear this song. The imagery created by Mayer's lyrics portrays vivid pictures in my mind of a guy upset about his love leaving. He is crushed and it just repeats in his head that she's gone, gone gone. And then once you finally fall asleep, you wake up and everything is still the same as when you went to sleep. But you need to realize that it's time to give up, even if it's the right thing to do, it is still the hardest part. John Mayer sings this song with emotion and lyrics that create emotions in the audience and cause you to feel some of the sorrow this dreamer is feeling.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you, this song is very powerful. I think that you touch on a difficult thing to do in life: move on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving on is difficult but also necessary.

    ReplyDelete